Vegan baked oats

Hi guys! So today I woke up to quite a chilly day in Durban. I'm definitely someone that gets cold quite easily, so I decided to swap out my usual smoothie for breakfast, for some oats. But I truly wasn't in the mood for the normal boring stove top cooked oats, so I searched the internet for some vegan baked oats recipes to try out.






The following recipe is something I put together after fusing multiple recipes, and manipulating the measurements. This makes one large serving. I cannot tell you guys how AMAZING your house will smell whilst this is baking! The cinnamon and the coconut sugar make it smell like Christmas! If you don't believe me, try it, you will not be disappointed!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of organic rolled oats 
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon chia seeds 
4 chopped almonds 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon coconut sugar + half tsp for sprinkling 
1 banana 
1 cup almond milk / any milk alternative 


Method:

1. First thing to do it preheat the oven to 180°C or 350F

2. Mash up a banana, add in coconut sugar and milk in one bowl 














3. Mix all dry ingredients together in another bowl 





4. Combine wet and dry ingredients into a oven proof dish and sprinkle with a tiny bit of coconut sugar to crispen the top and bake for 35 minutes 















       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to shop Pretty Little Thing from South Africa

How I bought from Sephora, in South Africa!

5 of the best and worst from Louis Vuitton