Is Make up Revolution worth your coin?

Make up Revolution Review

Hey guys, so make up revolution just landed in South Africa a few weeks ago and the hype is real! Most things sold on the day of release because everyone was ready to purchase some items from the most affordable drugstore brand from the UK, that we have been importing for years via resellers.

Unfortunately, on the day that the stuff released, I was not able to go to a clicks during the day and was scared I was going to miss out on everything, so when Soham finished work he went and I asked him to get me the much raved about conceal and define concealer in c10.

When I saw him later that evening he surprised me with a whole lot of things from the range!

Below is a picture of everything that he got me. It includes the concealer, the lip kit, a liquid illuminator and the original Soph palette (|which sold out on the day).



1.     Conceal and define concealer:

This concealer is super raved about online so I knew I wanted it when it got here. It is quite small and travel friendly and has a massive applicator, which I love. I got the shade c10, which is about 2 shades lighter than my skin tone. Unfortunately, I can’t get a shade that matches my skin as c11 is too pink and c12 too dark, so I use c10 to highlight. Consistency wise, its thick and creamy and blends out super well. I find it medium to buildable coverage and lasts all day without fading. It does crease a little on me, but all concealers do! I would definitely recommend this concealer because honestly, I love it under my eyes and as a lid primer. Its super smooth and really hydrating on my dry under eyes.






2.     Liquid illuminator:

I’m quite picky when it comes to liquid highlighters because I have dry skin and honestly, some show texture very badly. I was quite surprised with this one as it really doesn’t. its super glittery, which isn’t a bad thing because I use my beauty blender or brush to buff it in and it takes away the glitter and leaves a beautiful sheen. The one downside is that it dries SO QUICKLY! You really have to work fast, so I suggest do one side and then the other. I love the shade Soham got me, it’s called luminous gold, when I asked him how he knew what shade to get, he told me that he had asked me a few weeks prior to that and had taken down all the things I wanted on his phone! Major brownie points! I honestly have not stopped using this illuminator, because it’s so beautiful on the skin. Use it to get a glow from within look or layer it for a super blinding look!






3.     Soph x Make up Revolution Palette:

I have wanted this palette forever! I love Soph and have been a loyal subscriber for ages. The shadows are super pigmented, they blend like a dream and last quite a while with a base. I have yet to try it without a concealer/primer, but I’m sure it will perform the same because honestly the shadows are very good. I love the neutrals and the pops of colour that has been put into the palette. The shimmer shades are INTENSE, I use them dry because gosh they really don’t need any setting spray or water. My favorite shade has to be petrol, it’s a beautiful duo chrome shade but I’m yet to use it! The mattes are extremely buttery and I haven’t had an issue with fallout yet. Soham told me I must be grateful because he fought 4 girls for the last one, and they were standing next to him waiting for him to put it back!

row 4



outside box

row 1

row 2

row 3


4.     Retro Luxe Lip kit:

This lip kit is so awesome! The lip liner is extremely creamy, and pigmented and the liquid lipstick is opaque and not very drying. The only complaint I have is the shade is a tad bit light for me and honestly that’s my fault because I just assumed a while back that it would suit me. I can however make it work with a dark brown lip liner and it looks stunning. I love the consistency, it is far less drying than the colourpop ones. If you like the shades in clicks, go ahead and purchase them, because honestly, it’s a good way to build up your lip liner collection, and the liquid lip is long-lasting and I truly have nothing bad to say about it.





5.     Soph x Make up Revolution Extra Spice:

Okay, so this item is not available here yet, it was bought off Beauty and the Blush SA. This is Soph’s newer palette with them and its very consistent when compared to the first palette. Shadows are buttery and pigmented and blend easily. I love this palette a little more, just because of one shade, Infinity. This shade is like liquid foil! I have never been into silvers but good god, when I swatched this shade I almost had a heart attack. This shade is magic, I can’t even find another way to explain it. Hopefully this comes to SA soon, because it truly is a great palette.



row 1 

row 2

row 3


6.     Soph x Make up Revolution Highlighter Palette:


Also, not available here yet, and bought from Beauty and the Blush SA. This palette is a must if you love highlighting. There is literally a shade for every skin tone and what I truly love about it is that some are pressed powders and some are baked. The pressed ones are subtle but still bright, just not glittery, it's more for if you want a glowy sheen during the day. The baked ones are super glittery and metallic. They are highlights that you will see in space once it's on your face, especially if you layer it with the liquid illuminator! None of them enhance texture and they buff into the skin quite well!





7.     Illuminating Fixing Spray:

I’m always on the hunt for a good setting spray that doesn’t make me super matte, so when I saw this I was extremely excited. I picked this up last week and paid literally nothing because I used my clicks points! The fixing spray adds a glow to your skin and makes your make up last ages! I definitely saw a difference because it did not make my face look dry or cakey. It set everything and gave me a subtle healthy glow. I really love this and it is now my new favorite setting spray. The spray is constant and is more of a finer mist than some others out there.



I have nothing bad to say about the brand as everything I have tried has worked out well for me. I obviously have not tried everything and there could be some products that don’t perform well in the range, when I find one that doesn’t perform well I will let you guys know. But, for now, just wow! It is a drugstore brand, that looks high-end and has some gems!

The products are available at Clicks and for the two that were bought online, just click here to visit Beauty and the Blush SA.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this review, if there are items in particular you would like me to review, let me know and also, I would love to hear your thoughts on Make-up Revolution




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to shop Pretty Little Thing from South Africa

How I bought from Sephora, in South Africa!

5 of the best and worst from Louis Vuitton