Goodbye razor, hello laser!

Hi guys, so I know I have been away for a while, but I have a really good reason! My charger for my laptop stopped working, so I couldn’t use my laptop for a while. However, I have a new charger and I’m back!

This post is long overdue, but rather late, because it actually gave me a good amount of time to review my treatment.

A few weeks ago, Alisha from Simply Laser on Lilian Ngoyi Road, Durban, contacted me and invited me to come in for a free session. I was able to choose what area I wanted lasered and when I wanted it done. I told her that I wanted to do my underarms and that I was going to come in on the 27th of July.


Normally, you shave before your appointment but she had asked me not to as she wanted to explain the whole process to me. When I arrived, I was greeted by Alisha and taken into a treatment room. She started showing me the star of the show, the Soprano Ice Platinum laser machine. She then spoke to me about the process and told me that I was guaranteed to see at least a 20 percent loss of hair, after just one session, even if I don’t continue with the treatment. I found that hard to believe, but went with the flow.


I then removed any article of clothing that I needed to and lay down to start my treatment. She first removed the hair under my arms with a single blade and wiped my underarms down with an alcohol pad. She assured me that the process is virtually pain free, however I might feel some heat every now and again.

She applied the ultrasound gel under my arms (you know the really cold one!) and proceeded to use the machine. It is a handheld device attached to the big machine that she uses in a back and forth motion under my arms. It emits light every few seconds and then she turns it off to cool down the skin. Much to my surprise, the treatment was done within a few minutes, she then wiped up the gel from my underarms and I got dressed. She was not lying when she said pain free! I didn’t even feel the heat or discomfort, that she said I might feel.



After my treatment, she made me a cup of hot chocolate and we chatted for a while. She is one of the most pleasant therapists I have ever met and I enjoyed every minute of being there.


Before I left she spoke to me about the aftercare of my underarms and what will happen over the next few weeks. I was told that after a week I should exfoliate gently under my arms and the hair should start to fall out after 2 weeks (the 20 percent she had spoken about earlier). After two weeks, I saw no hair fall and knew that it was too good to be true, but I was surprised that around the three-week mark, the hair started to fall out.

I definitely have lost more than 20 percent hair; my hair is much finer and much sparser. Before, I would shave every few days, now I shave every 2 and a half weeks. I have probably lost between 50 to 60 percent of my hair. I am so pleased with the results and have only shaven twice since my appointment.

They are wonderful at Simply lasers, and I highly recommend them. Everything about the place is a pro, but for me as a student, the price is a bit of a con, as we do have things to pay for all the time. It would be lovely if they offered a student discount, but they do run specials all the time, so that’s a plus!

If you are in Durban and are thinking of getting laser done, I highly, highly, recommend them, the place is lovely, clean, professional and the staff are just the kindest people ever. You can click here to view their Instagram page.


Even though I was offered this treatment for a review, everything that I have said is my own opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to shop Pretty Little Thing from South Africa

How I bought from Sephora, in South Africa!

5 of the best and worst from Louis Vuitton