My Skincare Journey

I have always had very problematic skin. Growing up, I was always told that my skin was bad because of my diet and lack of vitamins and exercise. Towards the end of my high school years I decided to get it checked out by one more dermatologist (I had been to at least six). He told me that he suspected that it was cystic acne.

After going on medication for 6 months my skin started to clear up, but overall it wasn’t looking good. It was still very textured, dull and desert dry! At that time, I was using a certain high-end skincare brand and continued to use it for another two years. Finally, last year, I got tired of my skin looking worn out and decided to try out the (much raved about) brand, Dermalogica. I was a bit skeptical since I am a student and these products are pretty pricy, but I knew that if they worked well, I would have to just save up for the products and facials.

I decided to book myself and my boyfriend in for a facial at Sorbet. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the facial! The beauty therapist was talking me through every step and we had an in-depth chat about what concerns she had about my skin. She then recommended some products for me to start with. After finishing the facial, I looked towards the mirror and was in complete shock. With just one facial session, I had seen a major difference. My main concern about my skin at the time was texture, and, after that facial my texture had seemed to be smoothened. I had two facials after that one and religiously used the products I was recommended.

Fast forward 6 months, Sorbet was having a special on Dermalogica facials and my boyfriend and I decided to make use of it and book ourselves in once again. I had the most amazing hour-long facial. My therapist gave me one of the best facials I have ever had and even gave me fantastic neck, shoulder, face and hand massages. I was at my most relaxed during that hour.

The therapist was attentive and made sure I wasn’t getting cold, wasn’t getting any product in my eyes and was just very pleased to make me feel at ease. The sorbet staff are extremely friendly, willing to share their knowledge and constantly spoiling me with samples!

My three favorite Sorbet branches in Durban have to be: Sorbet La Lucia Mall, Sorbet Sunningdale and Sorbet Galleria. I have been to almost all the Sorbets in Durban and those happen to be my all-time faves!  

I have use the following products from the Dermalogica range:

1.    Pre-Cleanse

This is honestly the best pre-cleanse I have ever used. It really cleans out the dirt from your skin before you start cleansing! It is a must for me before using the cleansing gel. Also, it is by far the best make up remover I have ever used, one squirt strips down and entire full coverage base that I wear!

2.    Skin Prep Scrub

This exfoliator is amazing! I cannot get enough of it. It is rough but not harsh and just a small amount covers my face and neck area. It buffs away the dead skin and leaves my skin soft and radiant. I use this exfoliator after my pre-cleanse about 3 times a week.

3.    Special Cleansing Gel

This cleanser is fabulous! It is smooth and silky in texture and is super gentle on my skin. It cleanses it beautifully and leaves it feeling hydrated.

4.    Skin Hydrating Mask

Everybody needs a go to mask and this happens to be mine. In general, my skin is normal to dry and when it is feeling just a tad dry, I paint on this clear mask and leave it on for 15 minutes. After washing it off with warm water, my skin looks instantly hydrated, dewy and awake. I try do this at least once a week. A must have!

5.    Multi Active Toner

Honestly the thing I love most about this toner is that it is in a spray form! I feel so fancy spritzing my face after patting it dry after cleansing. It has a fine mister and disperses just enough product all over your face. Little to no wastage of product! It has a lovely cooling sensation and sinks into the skin beautifully.

6.    Skin Smoothening Cream

This is my favorite product! It is a normal moisturizer that has certain ingredients in it that minimize texture. This cream has changed my life. My texture was so bad that I never wore certain make up products because it would just enhance it, but after a few uses (no I’m not exaggerating) my texture started to reduce! My skin is now smooth and I can pile on a blinding highlighter and my skin will still look smooth.

7.    Solar Defense Booster SPF 50

A good SPF is something everyone should have and this one is amazing. I mix it in with my moisturizer and apply them together. It also doesn’t leave a white cast on your face!



I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Please let me know if you would like me to go more in-depth on anything, also let me know if you have tried Dermalogica or if you’re considering it! If you want to try it, I would highly recommend going in for a facial at Sorbet and see how your skin feels after that!




The products I use after I cleanse














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to shop Pretty Little Thing from South Africa

How I bought from Sephora, in South Africa!

5 of the best and worst from Louis Vuitton